On any given day, any number of stupid little things will annoy me.
Not enough to really wreck my day, but just enough for me to say, "Well that was stupid." And chances are, the next conversation I have will likely have a sentence that starts with, "Y'know what my biggest pet peeve is?"
And we all do it. And we all do it more than once, about more than one thing. So really, whatever it is isn't really our "biggest" pet peeves; it's actually one of many. And why not, there are lots of annoying little things out in the world.
So, here are some of my personal Greatest Hits of Pet Peeves. I'd rank my Top Peeves, but obviously I won't be able to think of all of them at once.
1) When someone hands you your change, and they pile all the paper bills in your hand, then dump the change on top of it.
2) Eating in my car without asking if it's ok first.
3) People who use other variations of the word "SUPPOSEDLY". Other variations, you ask? Yes, seriously. I've heard "supposingly", "supposably", and "supposively". Is it really that difficult of a word to get right? Or maybe they ARE real words! In which case, I'm peeved that my education didn't teach me this!
4) People who don't hold doors open when they're in the Radius of Closeness... like you're close enough behind them where the door would be shutting right in front of you.
5) Parking your massive SUV in the Compact Car section of the parking lot... thus using up all the decent spots that people with small cars could've used. And since you're now squeezed into a smaller spot, now no one can park in the adjacent spots. (AND YES, I'm talking about our very parking lot here at the radio station!)
6) LOUD cell phone talking, in addition to other major cell phone crimes. My issues on cell phone etiquette go beyond being a simple Pet Peeve, and maybe I shall blog about it sometime, but this includes taking calls while in the middle of a conversation with someone else, and talking about tons of personal stuff LOUDLY in front of other people.
7) Line cutting, and not even bothering to look around and see or ask if there's a line.
8) The gas station, when people don't pull of to the pump furthest to the front. Oh, and add "Line cutting at gas stations". Whoa. That's dangerous stuff there, I don't know why people ever try to pull this off, especially when you're gonna be sitting there next to people you've just pissed off!
9) Not saying "Thank You". Ugh, this really might be my Numero Uno Pet Peeve.
10) While driving, passing on the right, especially when there's no actual lane. What is this, "Create Your Own Turning Lane" Day??
OK, so that's just 10 to get us all warmed up.
In fact I thought up one more, as you can see by this diagram--->
But definitely if I was ever going to truly use the phrase "My Biggest Pet Peeve is..." then I would say it's #9:
"My BIGGEST Pet Peeve is when people don't say Thank You". And that doesn't just mean, "Thanks for holding the door open", or "I'm good, thanks." I also especially mean when people do big gestures for other people just to be nice, and the other person just simply fails to say Thanks, like it's just supposed to be a given that they're grateful. C'mon. I'm not psychic, so just SAY IT!
(Yes, as you can tell, I am currently PEEVED about something specific, lol.)
So, if you could only have ONE, only one, NUMERO UNO PET PEEVE, what would it be?
What is your Biggest Pet Peeve?