Wednesday, April 6

You Don't Know Me. (NETFLIX, I'm talkin' to you!)

Disclaimer first:  I LOVE NETFLIX.

I do.  However, all love aside, Netflix ain't so good at recommending stuff. Whatever formula they use for figuring out what you'd be interested is in need of some tweaking.

Case in point....


So, lemme get this right... because I LOVE Arrested Development and 30 Rock in equal measure, then I will want to watch a 4-disc documentary about the Planet Earth?   In fact, I will probably want to be transported "from the Himalayan Mountains to the depths of the ocean and everywhere in between" and give this visual trip a 4.8 stars out of 5?

Hmm.  That's pretty presumptive of you, Netflix. 

Well, as it turns out, purely by coincidence, and because I am a person of eclectic and widely random tastes with a slight penchant for the subject of plate tectonics, Netflix might be on to something here.  Might be.

HOWEVER, on that I now present example numero two....


A Chinese cop drama with subtitles??  Um, no thanks.  Again blaming my thing for Arrested Development & 30 Rock?  Now it/they also seem/s to think I might want to read a movie about an undercover Chinese mole because I also liked Battlestar Galactica and the British version of The Office.

No dice here, Netflix.  Try again!

No comments:

Post a Comment