Monday, March 15

Katherine Heigl, please go back to Grey's Anatomy

Joe Morelli wouldn't touch this with a ten foot pole.  And not even someone else's ten foot pole.I am not a Katherine Heigl fan.

And I most certainly and not a fan of Grey's Anatomy. No sir.

But you Grey's fans... if you've got a petition for her to go back to where she came from, sign me up. I will sign anything you want if it means Katherine Heigl can't play Stephanie Plum in Evanovich's "One for the Money".

'Coz that's what she's doing.

KATHERINE HEIGL IS GONNA PLAY STEPHANIE PLUM. And she's already gone brunette to fit the part, so obviously there's no going back.

Should be the New Jersey State BookI am not happy about this.

They're finally bringing Stephanie Plum to the big screen, and this is how they're gonna do it?? I imagine this like when British people freaked out because Texan starlet Renee Zellweger was gonna play their beloved Bridget Jones on screen. Except different. Because I can't imagine that I will change my mind after the movie comes out.

This book came out in 1994, and they've been working on bringing it to theaters since. Sixteen years in the making, and THIS is what they came up with??

Apparently, Reese Witherspoon was in talks to take the lead, but fans have suggested Sandra Bullock, Amanda Peet, Lauren Graham, Sarah Michelle Gellar, and Marisa Tomei.

Hmm. All good possibilities.

But if I had to choose, I'd pick either Jennifer Garner... or Kristen Bell (as a brunette)...




... Or maybe even Evangeline Lilly (she might be able to pull off a little comedy.) Or how about -- in a BridgetJones-esque twist -- Kate Beckinsale?







What say you, fellow Jersey girls?

Who gets to represent US on the big screen?

6 comments:

  1. Katherine Heigl does NOT belong in this role. I "see" Sandra Bullock as Stephanie when I read these books!!! But, I like your choice of Jennifer Garner. I think she would handle the role great!!! If you find the petition to sign that keeps Katherine from playing this, I'll sign it 100 times!!! ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. OldInternLilo3/15/2010 10:21 AM

    SANDRA BULLOCK! I think she would be perfect...but then I think maybe she's a little old since Stephanie is still kind of young. And then I think that people will still see her as Ms. Congeniality just because she has a gun...I still think she would be really good. or maybe someone completely new... but I am SOOO excited they are FINALLY making this into a movie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahah, Dena, I'll let you know! I hope the petition is called "Katherine Heigl, go back to where you came from." She's just not worthhy, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LILO -- totally agree with you there too... If this were sixteen years ago, definitely Sandy Bullock, but now too much time has passed, plus add the Oscar. And yes, I was thinking there might be too much overlap with Miss Congeniality. MISS YOU :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. NO, NO, NO!!! No Katherine Heigl as Stephanie! Are the producers on drugs?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree,there is even a facebook page devoted to Katherine not playing the part. Sandra Bullock would be ok but she's to old. So is Jennifer garner. In one for the money Stephanie is like 28, 29. So someone in their early 30's would be ok but nothing past mid 30's. Idk who would be best. My friend, who is also a big fan of the books, and I agree we wont go see this movie with Katherine Heigl in it. And who cares if she already dyed her hair? LOL It's easy to change it back!! Anything to keep her away from the part of Stephanie plum!

    ReplyDelete