Friday, October 2

David Letterman comes clean... TMI?

So last night, David Letterman tells the story about the blackmail attempt, and confesses to the now-infamous liaisons he's had in the past with female employees.

If you missed it, here's a clip:



So what do you think?



I'm sort of riding the fence on this one.


Naturally there's a media clamor filled shock and disdain, and I'm wondering if that's something we really needed to know about good ol' Dave. This stuff goes on in the American workplace, whether or not anyone care to admit it. And anyone up in arms about this issue better not be one of the culprits themselves! But I don't know if it was necessary to spell this out for the public -- especially directly to his fans.



On the other hand, I am a big proponent of the one tenet I take from such negotiation-educating shows like West Wing and 24... We don't negotiate with terrorists!! (hang on, I'm getting to the point, just stay with me)

... and in this case, by Dave coming clean, this now makes him impossible to blackmail again on this score. So I guess it makes it a good thing (for him).



Oh, I don't know. Anybody care to tell me what my opinion should be? I don't have room in my brain for deciding such matters. Thanks in advance!

No comments:

Post a Comment