Friday, June 5

The Universe Is Self Correcting

This has nothing to do with "Lost".

Umma burrra ella ella ella ella AYIt's raining today, and I need an umbrella. I have two or three in my car, two or three in my home, but for some reason, I thought about this umbrella that I actually bought like a month ago, mini-fold-up jobby that had a nice carrying sleeve.

I left this new umbrella in the basement of my church after a funeral. I've kept meaning to check out lost 'n found but I keep forgetting. My window of opportunity to claim a lost item like an umbrella is over, isn't it? Basic non-personal items like scissors, umbrellas, and pens kinda have a short statute of limitations, right? Unless they're engraved or really expensive looking.

So this morning, I'm thinking about this eight dollar umbrella and how I've been holding onto the carrying sleeve for a month with the intention of getting it back when I decided, Forget about it, Tone. Besides, in the last month, it has rained enough and plenty that I'm sure by now the found umbrella has brough momentary joy and dryness to its new owner. And I'm ok with that.

And then I realized... that's happened to me plenty of times. In dire need of an umbrella, and I just... found one. Either laying around in a closet, standing abandoned in the corner of a room for months on end, or even in my trunk and I had no idea how it got there.


So here it is: Umbrellas just appear. You might buy them, you might get some for free, or heck you might even steal one. But somewhere out there, someone has forgotten one, given one, or had one stolen.


It's karma. And the universe intends it to be this way. So, if you are soaking wet today bc you couldn't conveniently happen upon a lone umbrella in your travels, then you are probably an evil person.


But if you come upon a random umbrella just when you happen to need one, consider that the universe's way of giving you some props. Be grateful 'coz you're dry.

1 comment:

  1. I am going to be honest, I love my umbrella (-ela, -ela, hey, hey) and would be really upset if I lost it. It has one of those hook handles - very British.

    ReplyDelete