- 80% said Sex & The City showed them how to go out and have fun without looking for a commitment.
- 55% said it encouraged them to date more like men
- 43% said it allowed women to be unfaithful (curiously, of that 43%, it was mostly GUYS who believed this)
- 50% said it made women more likely to have sex on the first day (again, most of the people that said that were MEN)
Hold up, now. A TV show was THAT influential on their personal lives???
OK, let me think...
How the TV show LOST has influenced my life:
- I now honestly believe that... if you get stranded on a deserted island and you look hard enough, you'll find a hatch in the jungle where no frills peanut butter & shampoo are stored in a bunker. Conveniently there won't be a working radio or CB, but you'll have enough salad dressing to last a lifetime.
- ... that an emergency appendectomy can be performed on a beautiful beach, and you can do it with local anesthesia.
- ... if you're a bad person with a secret past or criminal record, beware of black smoke. That includes exhaust on a motor vehicle, just to be on the safe side.
- ... it's always going to be 1996, which really wasn't all that bad of a year. I would've graduated college in '96, if I hadn't cut so many classes. (see the Time Loop Theory if that doesn't make sense... not about how it took me 9 semesters to finish school, but about why it's gonna be 1996 forever.)
- ... when things get boring, you'll suddenly discover you have these two friends, Nicki & Paolo, who have this whole elaborate secret past, have been with you the entire time, and you'll accidentally bury them alive, and now you can forget all about them.
- ... and above all: You can spend 40+ days on the beach of a deserted tropical island pretty close to the equator and have zero need for suncreen. Ergo, the "supposed" need for sunblock must be a government hoax. UV Rays?! PFF!! Baloney!
Thank you, Lost.