Tuesday, May 31

Movie Worthy Embarassing Moments

I just read this blurb that Dolly Parton -- who is renowned for wearing wigs -- lives in constant pseudo-fear of having a wig-related moment of embarassment.

"One time I was riding a bicycle [in] this little grove with an overhanging tree.... I cycled under it, turned around and there was my hair hanging from a branch."

Shame.

But I cannot laugh. At least not aloud. And neither can you.

So, here it is. My most Movie Worthy Embarassing Moment.

At least, it's the only one I can think of, because I'm sure there are many... I am just good at repressing the humiliating memories of it. (This is mainly why I very rarely remember anything... because I am a full-time klutz and spend most of my time pretending I didn't have these incidents.)


I was raised in a household where you dressed up for church. This was pounded into my head enough that even as an adult, I still would wear hose and heels and "Sunday's Best" to mass. One Sunday several autumns ago, I was wearing pressed slacks, a blouse, heels, pearls, overcoat, the whole snooty shebang. Went to mass. Sauntered into church like a bitch on wheels. Walked all the way up and sat down in a front pew. Silently scoffed the slobs who came in jeans. Even scoffed at the jeans-wearing ragamuffins I passed as I walked all the way back to my car down a busy street.

When I got home, I remembered that right before I had to leave for church, I had to make a quick peepee....

... and I had pulled my pants up over my the back of my coat. And it stayed that way until I got home and realized it.

Ergh.


I wear jeans to church now. I've learned the error of my formerly snootylicious ways. And so now I've bared my humiliation for all to see, please share yours. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment