Friday, April 29

Chocolate Biscuit Cake

From 'Sense & Simplicity: Prince William's Chocolate Biscuit Cake'So there were no canapes and champagne for me this morning.

Just the usual Friday morning cold pizza and lukewarm coffee.


But reading about The Royal Fruitcake and Prince William's love of the "Chocolate Biscuit Cake", I needed to know what the heck this was. Came upon this blog that had some useful background, like describing this confection as "more like a thick chocolate cookie than a true cake".

Aaaahhhh.


From: 'Sense & Simplicity: Prince William's Chocolate Biscuit Cake'And now looking at the pics and the fact the recipe involves double-boiling chocolate, then letting the whole thing set in the fridge (it's not baked) -- I imagine it is like a thick slice of a wafer or cookie covered in chocolate. Or... a biscuit.... Covered in ... (yes) chocolate.

Seriously, Will? This is what you wanted for your wedding? Hi, it's called Tastykakes, buddy. Google it.

I think I'm gonna try making it, but with graham crackers instead of English tea biscuits. And I think I'm gonna like it. But I don't know if I'm gonna love it.

Which is why it is all for the best that I was never asked to be the bride today.

No comments:

Post a Comment