Thursday, May 27

Thanks for the Awkward!

Thanks but no thanks.  Plus, I've got that old back injury.Disclaimer right up front: I write today's blog with a little bit of guilt.

Well, actually, I don't know what the heck I have to feel guilty for, just sharing a story I think some of you can relate to, and certainly not making fun of anyone. If anything,I will probably call this friend out on it anyhow, because we've always had some great laughs between us. Fingers crossed.

So, Old Friend B emails out of the blue to meet up. Truth be told it's been a while, and even though there is a long history between families, real life and jobs and everyday-routine have kept us too busy to keep in touch. But now, I'm thinking this is great, I haven't talked to Old Friend B in a while, this'll be fun.

But as the communications go back and forth, the vagueness in the purpose of the meet-up starts to get me suspicious. After a little more prodding, the phrase, "pyramid systems" comes up.

Man, I was disappointed! Maybe, because another friend had joked that Old Friend B popping up all of a sudden could only mean one thing: "It's probably a pyramid scheme."

And I was like, "Huh? No way!"

Duh. So I guess I'm a little agitated right now, first of all because I was... wrong. (And man, I do NOT like how that feels. To be... grrr... wrong.) But now, also because I am in the not-so-fun position of dealing with this request to hear about said "system".

I guess for other people it's easy to be straightforward and casually say no without feeling bad about it. I ENVY YOU PEOPLE! Why can't I be more like YOU PEOPLE?!

LOL. I've gotta laugh. I don't wanna think or worry more about this than I need to. I wanna be able to ring up Old Friend B and just laugh. "Dude, are you kidding?" Grr, I just don't know how to do that without feeling like I'm letting someone down, insulting someone, or feeling annoyed about it.

Any of you guys been in this position? (And I'm SURE you have!)

No comments:

Post a Comment