I'm not kidding, first person to email me confirmation, and I will reimburse you for the cost of your fare.
Spirit Airlines is launching a new direct-flight express service between Atlantic City Airport and Boston in May 2009, and they're offering special introductory fares for just $9 each way, but you have to purchase the tickets TODAY.
And the first person to send me proof they bought one of these $9 one-way tickets will get $9 from me. Yes, I will actually give you money. Nine bucks is worth the novelty of seeing a plane ticket purchased for $9.
I know what you're saying to yourself, where is the logic in this? I could just use my own $9 to go to Boston myself. But here's the thing: I don't plan to go to Boston in May, nor do I want to go to Boston in May. And frankly the novelty is worth less the ten dollars to me, and not the total eighteen dollars it will cost to go there and back. The only thing I am captivated by is the $9 one-way ticket, and not an $18 round-trip ticket.
So, no, I am only paying for the one way ticket. (By the way, my offer is valid if you are in Beantown travelling to Atlantic City. I will pay for one of the ways, not both.)
Oh, and of course yes, there's a catch, but it's minor, especially if you travel to Boston regularly. Or if you don't think $39.95 is a big deal.
Because that's what it costs to join Spirit Airlines Fare Club, because the $9 offer is only for Fare Club members. Which isn't all too shabby, bc it's a year long membership that gets you a $9 discount on every flight, and you get access to other insider deals like "super low Fare Club fares often starting in the single digits...sometimes as low as a penny!"
That's not too bad actually.
So there it is, if you actually join the Fare Club and buy Spirit's $9 AC/Boston ticket in May 2009, I will give nine dollars back to the first person to do it.
Here are the rules:
- I am paying $9.00 USD back to the first person to prove they purchased one (1) one-way ticket on Spirit Airlines travelling between Atlantic City & Boston in May 2009.
- The offer expires today 12/17/08, so the purchase date must be today.
- Earlier time of purchase will be the tie-breaker.
- No doctoring documents. Not only is that bad sportsmanship-like, but it is also a stupid thing to do for nine bucks.
- I am not responsible for how you will pay for the ticket, what you will do at your destination, how long you will stay at your destination, food, lodging, souvenirs, or your return travel. I am also not responsible for any extra fees, tax, service charges, etc. Basically, if you don't get that this is supposed to be a fun silly game and intend on spoiling my fun by asking complicated questions and pointing out loopholes, then my little contest is not for you.
- I will pay out before Christmas, so I need proof by the end of the week, either by email at email@example.com , by fax to my attention at (609) 419-0143, or by mail at 619 Alexander Rd, 3rd Floor, Princeton, NJ 08540.