Tuesday, July 29

Jon & Kate Plus 8

TLC's Jon & Kate Plus 8
Jon & Kate were practically in our own backyard, and I didn't know about it??

Yep, last night's episode took place at Sesame Place in Langhorne, and it looks like they had a good time. Scratch that.... Looks like Maddy had a good time, so therefore the family was able to have a nice time. LOL And when you live in this area, chances are you've gone to Sesame Place at least once, and know at least a dozen people who have worked there. Anybody have a Jon & Kate sighting?

So. It would be irresponsible to not address all the internet hubbub about stuff going on behind the scenes at the Gosselin's. Rumors about disgruntled family members and unaired (literally) dirty laundry. Comments about Kate's attitude, her relationship with her husband, exploiting relatives, exploiting the kids, privacy signs in their yard, accepting free products & gifts, etc. As an avid fan, I find all of it pretty disturbing actually. Less about the accusations, and more the fact that people are obsessively polarized on this subject.

Regardless of how I feel about everything I read or whether or not I sympathize with the family, I say, "WHO CARES?" Seriously, who cares? At the end of the day, it's a TV show. If it's not an accurate representation of what really goes on in their home, I don't really care. I'm not watching the show because I'm expecting the 100% truth, I just want to be entertained. If the producers decide to glorify certain people (Kate), or make other people look silly (Aunt Jodi), so be it. It's just TV. I'm not sitting around after the show's over thinking about Aunt Jodi being a ditz bc she gave the kids candy corn... seriously, I could care less! And if they have to put a sign in the yard asking you to stop taking pictures of their house or their kids, again, so what? If all their rabid fans had a grip on reality, the Gosselins wouldn't have to pitch a sign in their yard. And if Jon or Kate accept free anything, again who cares? They've got 8 kids, you do math.

That's my two cents (and then some.) Curious, what do you guys think? Does it matter to anyone if Kate is a different person off-camera? If you had 8 kids, would you turn down free stuff? And what about the privacy issues?

No comments:

Post a Comment