Tuesday, May 27

Women are liars too??

It's unbelievable, isn't it? But apparently, women lie.

Yes :::sigh::: sometimes we do.

Susan Shapiro Barash, author of "Little White Lies, Deep Dark Secrets: The Truth About Why Women Lie" says

"Women lie more celeverly and successfully than men.... [Women also] lie as a survival technique but also to get what they want."

Right on. Top lies?
  • 75% of women hide how much money they spend. No kidding. I've known many a good woman myself (possibly even myself) who've pulled stunts like sneaking purchases into the house, and snipping the price tags off. I have one girlfriend who'd leave the shopping bags in the car and stealthily smuggle new clothes into the house in her purse. She also has a curious amount of generous "friends" who suddenly don't fit into a whole bag of unworn, brand new clothes and now want to just give them to her. (I know her husband, so her identity goes with me to my grave.)

  • 2nd most common lie: CHEATING. 60% of females confessed to having had an affair. (Shame on you ladies. You are not my sister-girl anymore. But if you are one of my sister-girls, I guess I'd be lying on your behalf too, but despising you at the same time.)

  • 3rd on the list? MOTHERHOOD. 50% of moms have mixed feelings about motherhood even though they blissfully will walk around saying how hunky-dory everything is. Remember when Desperate Housewives' Lynette had that nervous breakdown in the playground?

The author lady also says that women will often fabricate the truth in order to get what they want from people (including lovers, colleagues, and bosses). Chicks also tell non-truths to either keep up on appearances or to one-up other people, like lying about plastic surgery, or inflate their children's or hubby's successes.

No comments:

Post a Comment