Wednesday, October 20

Stupid Mensa

Wahoooo!  I'm freaking BRILLIANT!!!!Yesterday, Chris & The Crew talked about this itty bitty Mensa quiz.


Yesterday, I took the test.

Today, I was still not done.

And after hours upon hours formulating algebraic quadratics and charts and tables, I just finally gave up.

Seriously.  These are my actual notes.The Crew graded me, and I scored a "not bad".

NOT BAD?!

Not flipping bad?!!?!?

GRRRR.

Here it is. Feel free to take it.

Oh, and by the way, because my intelligence is merely "not bad", it will explain why I ended up not taking the test the Crew talked about, but instead stumbled into another one from years ago, but a different mini-test.

If you'd like to see how well you fare against me and my tiny brain, here is the one I took.

Meanwhile, I'm gonna stand in a corner and stare off into the distance or something.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, that was hard! But a lot of fun! :)

    I spent a lot of time on #1, doing little equations and just plain guessing, lol, and still couldn't get the right answer.

    I went with the totally wrong idea on #2. I thought it was whichever choice had the fewer number of letters (so I chose tapes).

    I got #3, #4 and #5 right-yay!

    #6 was so tricky! I came up with $18.50. I was way off!

    I got #7 half right. I knew can and scan, but couldn't figure out elf. I kept thinking about Tinkerbell and couldn't get anything else in my head, lol.

    I got #8, #9 and #10 right-yay (again)!

    So I probably did worse than you did! But at least it was a nice little brain exercise :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got them all right except for half of #7...Couldn't figure out elf! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could that quiz be any easier?! I mean 'D'Artagnan.' Really? If you're just going to give it away, why not match up Mickey Mouse. Their standards have clearly dropped. Still Toni, since you are just about Mensa material I will have a mensa button with your name on it as soon as I find it in my parents house

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Newman... y'know, I guess coz I'm "not bad" in terms of smartness, that's probably why I thought that gifting your dad's Mensa button was a nice gesture. At first.

    But then I thought about it, and one) nice way to indirectly tell me that you are spawned from brilliant people, and three) ME wearing a Mensa button is the ultimate in dumb, because it is like wearing a Varsity Football jacket, when you're still a Pee Wee.

    So, thank you but no thank you, I will pass. However, if in your parents' home you instead find a button that has the words "Almost worthy of" written in sharpie above the printed word "MENSA", then I might be okay with accepting that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's a very funny revealing article about MENSA here:

    http://wp.me/p2zDWj-23

    MindControllingPotato

    ReplyDelete