Friday, February 6

"Possible juror booted for Facebook post"

Recent Headline:
Possible juror booted for Facebook post

Well that's a hoot.

So... let me get this straight. Honestly stating how you feel within a public forum is being discouraged by the judicial system? That's some pretzel logic right there.


I'm bringing a pillow.


If having a blog, Facebook profile, using Twitter, or (godforbid) talking on the air is threatening a person's right to serve on a jury, then maybe the system should suss those folks out and omit them from the process before even getting started.

And since having a blog, Facebook profile, using Twitter, or (godforbid) talking on the air are not punishable crimes, the system better not think for a second of pointing those things out like they're personal character flaws.

Nobody wants an little angry Filipino in their courtroom.



Yes. I didn't get out of Jury Duty.

But I think I am now totally looking forward to it.




(and yes, the commentary was originally posted on my Facebook wall. How's that for pretzel logic??)

1 comment:

  1. Clearly you need to Twitter the trial. (I am still not sure on how you use the word 'Twitter')

    ReplyDelete